Come up with a project idea that would solve a real problem.
Propose a solution, figure out a revenue stream.
Define target group(s).
Validate own skills to assess if the project is feasible.
Design a logo, decide on a palette, create branding.
Draft a one page website with a counter and Mailchimp sign up form.
Create repositories both for the project website and the application itself.
Setup gitflow - master (production env.) ↦ devel (test env.) ↦ feature branch.
- for the project website - merge to master = push master to SFTP.
- for the app - merge to master = deploy master to production server.
- for the app - merge to devel = deploy devel to test server.
Connect GitHub and CircleCI with Slack to get updates on all actions.
Develop a Symfony application with the following functionality:
Actor 1 (customer)
- Can register an account and link GitHub account
- Can select a repository or a PR to order a code review
- Can order a code review
- Can review the review comments
- Can vote on the quality of the code review
- Can rate the reviewer
Actor 2 (reviewer)
- Can register an account
- Can pick a code review to review
- Can comment on the repository or pull request
- Can see own feedback
Obtain at least 10 customers and reviewers to test the PoC.
Have the PoC tested.
Based on the PoC feedback, pivot if needed.
If only small issues arise, create issues from the feedback.
Implement the collected issues.
Extend the PoC functionality with the following:
- Integrate GitLab and Bitbucket on top of GitHub.
- Implement Stripe to facilitate subsciptions and payout to the reviewers.
- Create a documentation to put in the app.
- Add user profile editing to the application.
- Create a landing page for the app.
Gather at least 50 customers and reviewers to participate.
Roll out the MVP to production to the limited audience.
Perform extensive testing on the MVP, both functional and performance.
Implement all issues stemmed from the testing.
Open the MVP to anyone.
Gain traction. No idea how to do this yet... :/ Will update this section once I'll figure this out.
Create a listing for the project on the MicroAcquire platform.
Sell, get drunk, move to a private island and all that jazz...
|Name||Description||Type||Cost in USD|
|Subreg||Domain purchases and management||Service||$33.00|
|Visual Studio Code||Preferred IDE for the development||SW||$0.00|
|Slack||Messaging app, used to receive all systematic notifications||Tool||$0.00|
|CircleCI||CI/CD - deployment automation, free tier||PaaS||$0.00|
|GitHub||Platform to hold repositories, free tier||PaaS||$0.00|
|Symfony||PHP framework to be used for the application, open source||Framework||$0.00|
|Figma||Designing, wireframing and protyping tool||SaaS||$0.00|
|Draw.io||Diagrams and charts tool||On-line tool||$0.00|
|Date||Item||Provider||Category||Frequency||Cost in USD|
|April 15th, 2021||CRCircle.com, CRCircle.dev domains; 4/15/21 to 4/14/22||Subreg.cz||Domain||per year||$33.00|